Vision and Ethos
The Mission Statement of Crosthwaite Church of England Primary School
At Crosthwaite Church of England Primary School, in partnership with the local community and St. Maryâ€™s church, Crosthwaite, we aim to successfully educate, inspire and enrich our future generations, giving them the skills to fulfil their potential in all aspects of life.
The Ethos of Crosthwaite Church of England Primary School
At Crosthwaite Church of England Primary School we will:
- Develop independent learners with lively, inquiring minds who love school and learning;
- Value each individual regardless of race, gender, faith or ability;
- Provide a secure, respectful and caring Christian environment;
- Develop a sense of ownership and pride in our school;
- Promote active and healthy lifestyles.
The Aims of Crosthwaite Church of England Primary School
At Crosthwaite Church of England Primary School we will aim to:
- Ensure that all pupils access an inspiring, enriched and exciting curriculum;
- Lay foundations for learning and behaviour that are underpinned by the Christian values exemplified by the life and teachings of Jesus Christ;
- Set high expectations of everyone in all areas of school life;
- Provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment where children can become confident, independent learners with inquisitive minds, fully prepared for their next move to secondary education;
- Support children in becoming caring, confident and well-educated members of a multi-faith, multi-cultural society;
- Develop the physical, moral, spiritual, cultural and social potential of all the children;
- Raise childrenâ€™s awareness of the need to conserve and protect the environment;
- Encourage partnership within, and across, the community so everyone is part of our school family;
- Develop positive attitudes and an awareness of the needs, strengths and qualities of others in order to work, share and grow together.